I fell down the rabbit hole that is Pinterest recently. I’m supposedly on there to promote the blog but seem to spend all my time reposting pictures of outfits that I can neither fit into nor afford.
However I discovered some mind blowing info while losing hours of my life.
- Look at this clever way to keep your zipper up. C’mon I can’t be the only one whose zippers keep unzipping to the point some trousers are unwearable. I know I could just lose some weight but this takes no exercise and it works! (Edit just found the website this idea comes from … there’s 30 more ideas there).
- The next round of major “with a zero” birthdays are gulp 50. Loved this idea of a sign to celebrate turning 50, and the rest of the party ideas are pretty cool too.
- Until I saw this I never considered cutting a watermelon into sticks but the site has how-to pictures and suddenly it seemed like the only way to slice a melon.
- We all know I’m not the “make it yourself” type but I ran out firelighters the other day and used this idea from The Cottage Smallholder and it worked OK. It’s toilet rolls, clothes dryer lint and newspaper. How resourceful am I becoming???
5. And this one because I used to be known as the canapé queen. I couldn’t cook a meal but I could do decent hors d’oeuvres. The site won’t help you unless you can read french but someone kindly put photo and a translation on the Pinterest, Appetizers : goat cheese rolled in sesame seeds, chives and pistachio topped with smoked salmon, tomato, and prosciutto.
How’s that for the most important info you need for life – don’t ever say I don’t do the most in-depth researching for you people.