There comes a point in your life where you have to accept there are things you are just not going to do again. There are a variety of reasons for why you won’t be repeating certain activities, no longer capable, no longer want to, it would just look ridiculous … the list is lengthy.
Here’s my top
ten eight things I’m not going to do again.
1. Frolic in the surf in a string bikini. Frankly, it would just frighten small children.
2. Wear low-rise jeans. At this point in my life I need to cover and contain as much as I can.
3. Party all night and turn up for work the next day. Even after a good night’s sleep I struggle to get myself to work on time, add sleep deprivation to my usual stress-mix and well it just wouldn’t be pretty.
4. Drink passion pop.
5. Attempt any floor based yoga move – between the crook knees and dodgy back getting myself up from the floor has become an exercise in ungainly, beached-whale type movements which are, frankly, just embarrassing.
6. Try to read Ulysses, sometimes you just have to let a goal go. I accept that I’m not going to get through the 265,000 words making up the number one book of the 100 Best Novels of the 20th Century (according to the Modern Library). And that’s OK.
7. Build a house. Next time I will choose one of the poorly designed, ugly-looking, already-built models and BE HAPPY WITH IT.
8. Spend money on self-help books. I’m just making other people rich while I wallow in my negative thinking, non-success manifesting.
This would have been a list of ten but I ran out of time and inspiration. Finish it off for me … what is something you are not going to do again?