I wonder what a genius thinks about each day? You know those random thoughts that zip in and out of our minds as we go about our daily lives. The self-talk, the wondering, the planning, the general whimsical thinking that makes up a daily conversation with yourself.
I suspect a genius doesn’t waste time considering who would play them in a movie of their life.
Keeping track of the thoughts flitting through my mind in a short period of time I discovered I’m probably not going to figure out the solution to world peace but I managed to entertain myself quite happily.
1. Why did those family stickers on the back of cars get popular? What happens when the dog dies and you divorce dad? Do they get scrapped off?
2. If you were a spider this is the house you would want to end up in, watching a diligent arachnid weave an intricate web in the corner of my lounge room, I admired his workmanship and considered how lucky he was not to have ended up in the spick and span house of my friend Tracey where he wouldn’t have lasted an hour. Here, it could take me months to find the duster with the extendable handle that will actually reach my high set roof. Where did I put it last? Remember the massive spider webs on the carport of our old house in Brisbane? It faced the footpath and the spider arced a web from one pillar to the next. Seriously, it was a work of art, parents stopped with their children to admire the handiwork and deliver mini science and nature lectures as they walked to the shops. We weren’t lazy we were establishing a natural ecology centre.
3. I would love a pie from the shops down the road at Brisbane.
4. I wish the shops here were that close. Yes, I know I could walk to Coles but it’s not just a block down the hill. I’m so unfit now. How did I get so unfit?
5. Do I risk getting on the treadmill?
6. Maybe I’ll just have a coffee and one of the Gwyneth Paltrow brownies I made last night.
7. Why do I buy jeans without trying them on?
8. Can I sell unworn jeans at the markets?
9. Should we do a stall at the markets to sell our unwanted crap?
10. They’ve cancelled The Circle, have to cross them off the interview list for my book tour.
11. Must write the book that goes with the book tour.
12. Funny how something becomes attractive when it’s no longer available. Lots of love for The Circle. Shame that love didn’t translate to ratings.
13. How can The Shire still be on TV? Who the hell is watching it?
14. Horses jumping over little castles. Equestrian is a funny sport.
15. We don’t have many Gold yet, are we in trouble?
16. Imagine spending four years of your life training for a one minute event and getting pipped at the post by a tenth of a second. That would really suck. Could swimmers retrain for another sport?
17. What am I going to blog about today? There’s that one half written on reclaiming the title “feminist” but do I really want to argue with the might of the feminist movement? If I say I don’t care about the bloody label just fix the whole work/life balance that is killing EVERYONE will that be a bad thing? I’m not good at controversy. What else have I got? Nothing? Can you write 600 words on nothing? Why not, Seinfeld got years out of nothing. I know I’ll take my ever-patient readers on a trip through the empty corridors of my mind. Fascinating stuff.
18. Aren’t you glad you stopped by?